My cd4 count is 1357 even after 14 years of infection
Sep 22, 2013
Dear doctor, I was diagnosed with hiv2 14 years ago.I have not taken any ARV.Recently I checked My Cd4 count which came as 1357.I have recently developed symptoms like sinusitis,headache,fatigue etc.My doubt is 1)How come my cd4 count is so high even after 14 years? 2)Why I have such symptoms even after my cd4 is so high? Please reply.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
HIV-2 infection results in a much slower progression of disease in the absence of treatment compared to HIV-1 infection. Thus, it is not surprising to hear of history like that. Your symptoms may be unrelated to HIV-2 infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Pain In Penis A Sign Of HIV?
- Is Tingling In Fingers A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Ache In Testicles After Insertive Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Flaky Skin After Vaginal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.