Spleen mild enlarged & liver in normal shape but mild coarse
Sep 8, 2013
I am 30 year old male & just want know that what is the indication mild enlarged spleen and mild liver coarsness with Hep C. My Plaltlets are 120k and RBC+WBC are in normal range. I am diagnosed hep c in 2005
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate whether you have received HCV treatment or not, and what prompted the scan. Your mildly low platelet count and enlarged spleen may go together, and could be the result of your liver infection with HCV. Other blood tests may be necessary to determine whether HCV treatment is indicated or not at this time.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can Having An Std Cause A False Positive Hiv Test?
- Peripheral Neuropathy And Candidiasis
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- When Genital Warts Fall Off Are You Still Contagious?
- What Happens When Herpes Go To Your Spine?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.