|CD4 count very low
Sep 8, 2013
My relative has a CD4 count of 14, is hardly eating, weak, fevers, recurring infections, and continued weight loss. What is the prognosis of getting her counts back up and getting her healthy or at least above 100 again. Thank you for your help.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate whether she is currently receiving HIV treatment or not. If not, then HIV treatment should be started immediately. If she is currently on HIV treatment, then what is here HIV viral load result, and if detectable while on HIV meds, a resistance should be performed to help modify the regimen and get the viral load back to undetectable.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Ache In Testicles After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Lap Dance Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.