Human Growth Hormone and CD4 / VL

Hi there! I am hiv-positive and not on a therapy. My CD4 is 500 (25%). I consider taking 5 IU of hGH daily. Since hGH may have some effect on immune system by reactivating the thymus gland and stimulating immune function, is there a possibility that the HGH would stimulate the virus by stimulating CD4 in people without HAART? Can I take it? By the way, I am aware of all other side effects that may arise with gHG and ready to take them.

The studies over the last 20 years have been mixed, where some test tube studies indicate that hGH can increase HIV viral replication and others say no. However, they were done with different methodologies and so makes it difficult to compare results. That said, you don't appear to have the clinical indications for hGH administration, and the package inserts for approved forms indicate that people should be on HIV meds if receiving hGH.

New combo
Atripla and Slowing CD4 Trend