|I just started my PEP today
Sep 1, 2013
Hi Doctor, i had protected anal sex with an HIV + person but unprotected oral ... after that the guy told me he is +ve ... i went to the hospital and they put me on PEP ... since i just took the pills 5 hours ago i don't think the symptoms will start now ... my question is is a p24 antigen valid during the PEP would it give any valid indications about the HIV status ? or does the PEP affect it?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Regardless of what HIV testing is conducted during PEP administration, you will need follow up testing after PEP has been discontinued.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Fingering Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Urination After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Can The Receiver Of Oral Sex Catch A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.