VIRAL LOAD INCREASE...CD4 THE SAME

I have been taking stribild for 2 months. started with a viral load 155 thousand and cd4 275, after a month my load went down to 90 and cd4 314 I was diagnosed in april 2013 65 years

Now I just got my latest labs and my cd4 is the same and my viral load went up 20 points. Should I be worried? I take the pill daily, never missed, but my doctor thinks that my skimpy breakfast, usually a banana, piece of toast, hard boiled egg may not be enough food for the pill to go full force. That sounds odd to me.

I am freaking out that this med is not working. I will have to wait another month. thoughts?

After just 2 months, I think your response has been fabulous. I would not be concerned about the nonsignificant increase in viral load at this point. Things will be moving around as your immune system recovers. Your doctor may be correct in that Stribild absorption is improved with a "light meal" compared to an empty stomach, and is further improved with a "high fat meal" compared to a light meal (20% vs. 50% fat content of the meal). You might want to consider this for your breakfast meal for better Stribild absorption.

side affects?
Follow up question to Dr. Holodniy in response to his answer