hiv + and sex
Sep 1, 2013
If a couple both has hiv, what is the danger of having unprotected sex and how do they go about having a child free of hiv ?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is a risk of transmission, which is greater if one or both have detectable HIV viral loads, and is much less when both have undetectable viral loads. The exact risk is not quantifiable. There are techniques that could be used to have a child, but this requires consultation with an expert who has experience in this regard.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Headache After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Rimming Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Breast Sucking Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Licking Penis Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.