|interpreting my cd4 count results
Aug 25, 2013
the percentage 13.8% cd count 199 What does this mean?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate what your HIV viral load is or whether you are receiving HIV treatment. In people with HIV infection a CD4 count of <200 or <14% would be considered an AIDS diagnosis. This means that the immune system has become sufficiently damaged to put a person at risk for developing other serious infections. In someone with HIV infection and your counts, regardless of the HIV viral load result, HIV treatment should be started immediately.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B From Touching Blood?
- How Does Cervical Cancer Affect Your Reproductive System?
- Alcohol And Resistance To Antiretrovirals
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.