is this a good response after 17 days of meds?

Hello, I started Stribild after starting bactrim and azithro for a cd4 of "less than 20" and a viral load of 298k.

After 17 days of stribild my viral load was down to 1100 and my cd4 was 64 (at least it was measurable!)

Is this a reasonable amount of suppression? I've read about 1.5 log drop in 3 months, this appears to be 2.34 in less than a month, so that's pretty good. I was discouraged that the CD4 was still so low, I really would like to be out of the range of some scary opportunistic infections.

When will the CD4 generally increase? I understand the early effect of HAART is more about a redistribution of T cells. Do I have to be undetectable before I start to reconstitute my immune system? Is it possible that I will be over 100 cd4 by New Years?

Thanks.

Your response is fabulous. Although we do see (as is the case with you) the CD4 count increasing as the viral load is decreasing, the increases are usually greater when the viral load becomes undetectable. Also, in people with very low CD4 counts like yours, the lower the CD4 count when you start the longer it takes to recover. A 100 before New Years is well within reach.

HIV Test
interpreting my cd4 count results