Anal Cancer or Hemorrhoids?

I was diagnosed with HIV and HPV, last year. I started treatment immediately. Now, I'm undetectable and have a 600 CD4 count. Recently, I noticed a lump on my anus. I went to the STD clinic, to rule out the possibility of any STDs. Fortunately, my tests came back negative for STDs. However, I was diagnosed with thrombosed external hemorrhoids. I followed my doctor's treatment regimen and within a few weeks the lump disappeared. However, I can feel a hard sort-of bumpy mass inside my anus. I asked my doctor about it and he thinks it may be internal hemorrhoids. I followed his treatment regimen, again, but it won't go away. I'm severely constipated and have trouble "going" even with the help of a laxative. When I finally do go, it's very thin and pencil-like stool, bloody, and covered in mucous. The size of my bowel-movements don't compare with my food intake and I've lost 20 pounds, in the past 2 months. I'm beginning to worry if I may have been misdiagnosed (hemorrhoids) and it may be anal cancer. Do you have any advice?

Although most of your symptoms are still consistent with hemorrhoids, may be worth while to see a gastroenterologist for at minimum anoscopy or likely a colonoscopy.

tests to determine when one was infectef
AIDS Diagnosis with Low TCell Count & High Viral Levels