Persistently low cd4%

I have been treated for over six years. My VL is now UD. My CD4 count is now 680. It was lowest at 300, when I started treatment. However my CD4% has remained persistently low at 21% to 23%. My doctor is unable to explain why that is the case. Should I be concerned? What should I do?

We do see this situation and unfortunately there is little that can be done in most cases. Sometimes even after a few years you can see some continued improvement in CD4 count/percent as long as the viral load remains undetectable. The good news is that both your CD4 count and percent are high enough to prevent the most serious kinds of infections from happening.

Interpretation of HCV RNA, Quantitative Real Time PCR
Supplement