Resistance

Does everybody develop resistance? I am doing great, I was diagnosed with hiv two years ago and always healthy, 46% cd4 always above 500 and undectable vl. I take my meds everyday between 6 am and 7:45 am because due to food intake,I am on prezista,truvada and norvir, my question is what are my chances to develop resistance ? Does every HIV+ person develop resistance? Please help. Thnanks

Because of the high replication rate of HIV, and the mistakes the virus makes when it copies itself, all HIV infected people have a family of viruses that are slightly different from each other. Among these variants are virus copies that contain certain mutation that confer resistance to HIV drugs. Because they exist at such low levels, HIV drugs are able to control infection effectively by knocking down the "wildtype" virus, which is the overwhelming amount of virus that exists. Where people get into trouble is when they don't take their HIV meds appropriately and the HIV drug levels in the body are not sufficient to suppress all the virus, so the resistant mutants then become the majority population.

HIV risk and anxiety. (oral/anal)
low MCHC/high RDW indications of HIV