Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

cd 4 , cd 4 % and viral load
Jul 28, 2013

Hello to all staff members .back in april after being off meds for about a year I had a viral load of approximately 12,333 my cd 4 % was 24 and my cd 4 count was 309 so my doctor went ahead and suggested starting on atripla again which is what I was taking before . I started taking atripla on june 25, 2013 and on july 5th , 2013 i visited my doctor and he suggested taking my viral load and cd 4 count on july 25th a month from when i started taking the atripla. by accident the lab in the doctors office took my cd 4 and viral load on july 5th approximately 10 days after starting atripla . my cd 4 was 508 with 22% and my viral load was 797 . my question is . is it possible for the cd 4 to climb that high that quick and viral load to lower that quick ? i had another set of labs done today which was the date i was originally scheduled for.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Yes you viral load and CD4 count numbers can change that quickly.

Previous
HIV DNA test
Next
Medical Ozone Therapy

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.