HIV DNA test

Hi Doctor, I have received my lab report for HIV DNA test and I am very puzzled with the test description : "DNA extraction from white blood cells and PCR of a fragment within the P24 antigen region of HIV1" I went through hundreds of posts on the internet and have never found any link between HIV DNA and P24

would you kindly just give me more information ? Is it a reliable test or shall I test in another lab?

Thank you in advance for your help...

P24 antigen or the HIV gag gene is commonly used for PCR based assays to test for the presence of the HIV virus.

hepatitis B surface AB, QL- reactive
cd 4 , cd 4 % and viral load