New CDC algorithm
Jul 14, 2013
Just happened upon this, http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm6224a2.htm?mobile=nocontent Do you think this will change the window period for conclusive results to 6 weeks?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Perhaps. We will have to wait and see whether official recommendations for testing would now be changed as a result of these studies.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How Many People Have Gotten Hiv From Kissing?
- Can Be Hiv Transmitted Through Shaving Bumps?
- Can My Obgyn Call Me To Give Results Of Hiv Test?
- Does Hiv Increase White Blood Cell Count?
- Can An Adult Get Infected By Drinking Hiv Breast Milk Once?
- What Percent Is The Chance Of Getting Hep C From Razors?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.