CD4 Drop in Three Month

I have been positive since 1999. Always undetectable with medicine. I went for labwork March 21, 2013 and had a CD4 count of 775 and a CD4 percentage of 31. VL was undetectable. My June 28, 2013 number has a CD4 count of 613 and a CD4 percentage of 24.5 with an undetectable viral load. This is a twenty percent drop. I am worried over nothing. By the way, my baseline viral load was 40, 000 with a CD4 count of 375 in October of 1999. I was on Trizivir only ( twice daily ) for 10 years and switched to Atripla in 2009. After treatment started, I was always undetectable and CD4 count never fell below 500, but I never had a 20 percent drop in three months. T cells have ranged from 550 to 925. Believe it or not, the T cell average with Trizivir was higher than Atripla.

I understand your concern, given the CD4 count and percent decline. I try never to base any trend or change in clinical condition on one set of numbers. So it is always important to get a repeat and see whether this is a consistent change or not. I would make sure that nothing else was going on at the time (other ongoing medical condition, infection, immunization, etc). I think that given your long-standing undetectable viral load, and continued undetectable viral load with these latest numbers, that this is unlikely to be a trend.

Original vs Generic
enquiry