Jul 14, 2013
If my viral load was 1.5 million and after 7 days on meds it went down to 30,000 after 5 weeks could it be undetectable and if it is what does that really mean as far my health is concerned?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It can become undetectable in that short time frame. Usually with that high of a viral load to start with it will take several weeks to a few months to become undetectable. Having an undetectable viral load means the virus is no longer destroying your CD4 cells and allows your immune system to recover. Although the virus is still present while taking HIV meds, it is no longer turned on and replicating.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Tingling In Feet After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Are Black Spots On The Bottom Side Of Scrotum A Sign Of A Std?
- Is Cervical Cancer Contagious To Men?
- What Does It Mean When You Are Exposed To A Std?
- What Happens When You Get Std's?
- Are Lower Abdominal Pain And Painful Urination Signs Of HIV Or Stds?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.