staying detactable

If been on Viramune and Truvada now for 14 months. Before starting treatment the doctor did resistance test and was negative. VL was 300 000 CD4 250 before starting treatment. after 3 months treatment VL was 66 and CD4 520 after 6months VL was 189 and CD4 385. now after 14 months CD4 485 and VL 178. My doctor doesn't know why my VL doens't go undetactable. My partner now 5 years on Atripla has the same problem his VL is always between 50 and 200. Should we worry?

By now you should have seen your viral load become undetectable. Your viral load is too low to get another resistance test. However, the longer your viral load remains detectable, the greater the possibility that your virus could become resistant. You may need to discuss with your doctor the possibility of changing or adding another HIV med to your regimen to get your viral load undetectable.

High Numbers
Increased CD4 and Increased Viral Load