|Newly DX'ed..Extremely high VL, Very Low CD4
Jul 6, 2013
My boyfriend recently got dx'ed a few days ago. His labs came back with a VL in the 10millions and CD4 about 300. Is this normal for a newly dx'ed person? He most likely contracted the HIV virus a month ago.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, those kinds of numbers would be very typical for someone with acute HIV infection.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Why Do I Keep Getting Bacteria Vaginosis?
- When You Have Sex With Someone With Chlamydia Do You Immediately Get It?
- What Type Of Specialist To See Regarding Shingles?
- What Is The Treatment For Hair Loss From Syphilis?
- What Is The Life Span Of A Person Infected With Herpes?
- What Do Herpes Sores Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.