Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

LAB RESULTS MEANING
Jul 6, 2013

hie doc am 38 yrs old and have been on tenolam and nevirapine for 3 yrs I recently went into the lab for S-CR, SGPT/ALT,PCR - QUANTINTATIVE BIOCHEMISTRY RESULTS :-

S-CREATININE RESULT 107 umol/L REFERENCES 80-115

eGFR-(CKD-EPI)RESULT 75 mL/min

S-ALT (GPT) RESULT 98 IU/L REFERENCES H 10 - 40

HIV VIRAL LOAD - Method : Quantitative HIV PCR (Roche) Analysis Platform : COBAS AMPLIFIER/COBAS TAQMAN

> LOG UNITS 1.398 > HIV-1 RNA copies 25 cp/mL

The linear range of the assay is 20-10,000.000 RNA copies/mL

What do these figures mean and also is it advisable for me to start cotrimoxazole at this stage if i feel ok

Response from Dr. Holodniy

You don't indicate what your CD4 count, or what the indication for co-trimoxazole is in your case. In general, your numbers you have presented look very good. Your HIV viral load is very low. You have a slight increase in your GPT and decrease in your GFR which could be the result of your HIV meds. But it is difficult to know without seeing what the values have been over time.

Previous
At-Home HIV test
Next
interpret test results for hsv1 and 2

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.