Low viral load after 8 weeks on Meds
Jun 29, 2013
I'm on Prezsista, Norvir and Truvada. I just started 8 weeks ago . My VL was 23,000 when I started and my CD4 was 139. It is now CD4 is 225 and VL is 110. I was undetectable before I lost my insurance and stopped taking my meds . I went almost 3 years without meds. I want to know is my new meds working ? Being I went so long without treatment I'm concerned I won't reach undetectable .
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Definitely working. That is a very good response for 8 weeks. You should be able to get to undetectable levels in the next few weeks.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Can AIDS Be Transmitted Through Picking Your Nose?
- AIDS Risk Blowjob From A Prostitute
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Foreplay Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.