Jun 29, 2013
If one is HIV positive, will the HIV DNA PCR qualitative test remain positive for many years after infection or will the result eventually become undetected/negative, since the viral load drops? I read somewhere that the viral load can drop, meaning that the HIV DNA PCR, in particular, will not be able to detect the virus.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
In general, even if the plasma viral load is undetectable, HIV DNA tests from blood cells remain positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Muscle Ache After Performing Oral Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Getting Fingered Worried I Have
- Painful Red Spots After Touching Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Broken Condom Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.