Jun 29, 2013
If one is HIV positive, will the HIV DNA PCR qualitative test remain positive for many years after infection or will the result eventually become undetected/negative, since the viral load drops? I read somewhere that the viral load can drop, meaning that the HIV DNA PCR, in particular, will not be able to detect the virus.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
In general, even if the plasma viral load is undetectable, HIV DNA tests from blood cells remain positive.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Cold Feet After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Dark Bumps After Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- White Spots After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Does Ciprofloxacin Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.