Conversion of IU to copies per ml for CMV
Jun 23, 2013
I have read your conversion formula for HCV, does the same formula apply with CMV titers (2.7 x IU)? Will this vary by the lab assay as I have read the Roche assay is an almost straight across conversion from IU to copies per ml. Thanks
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Yes, this can vary, depending on what assay and what standard in the assay is being used.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis Sign Of HIV Infection
- Black Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- How Long Does It Normally Take For Your Pap Smear Test Results Come Back?
- How Long Does It Take To Get Std Symptoms?
- Std Cause A Rash Around Mouth And Nose
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.