Jun 18, 2013
Ive been diagnosed for TPHA+ for the last 4 or 5 years back. Does being TPHA+ will go to HIV in d future? Ive been test for HIV 2 years ago and its negative.
Response from Dr. Young
Hello and thanks for posting.
TPHA is a test for syphilis. It has nothing to do with HIV (and alone does not mean that you will develop HIV) except that people who have been exposed to one sexually transmitted infection may be at risk for exposure to others.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Handjob And HIV Transmission Risk
- How Long Do I Wait To Get Tested After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation?
- Is Fisting Safe?
- Probability Of Getting HIV From Insertive Anal Sex
- Do People Get HIV From Sex With A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.