Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

REMIND TIME
Jun 16, 2013

DEAR SIR I AM 40 WITH POSITIVE HIV AND HCV TEST AND LIVING IN IRAN MY LAST T-CELL/BCELL REPORT WAS AS FOLLOW: TOTALCD4 13 TOTALCD8 224 CD4/CD8 0.059 ON APRIL'S 1ST 2013 MY BIOCHEMISTRY TEST ON SAME DATE IS SGOT(AST) 19 SGOT(ALT) 26 ALKALINE PHOSPHASTE 153 GAMMA GLUTAMYL TRANSFERASE H76 HEMATOLOGY TEST WBC 2.2 RBC 4.3 HEMOGLOBIN 10.7 HEMATORCIT 33.7 M.C.V 78 M.C.H 24.9 M.C.H.C 31.8 R.D.W 15.4 PLATLET COUNT 241 RBC MORPHOLOGY ANISOCYTOSIS SLIGHT ELIPTOCYTE SLIGHT MACROCYTE (+) SCHISTOCYTE SLIGHT DIFFERENTIAL NEUTROPHILS 57% LYMPHOCYTE 30% MONOCYTE 10% EOSINOPHILL 3% COAGULATION TEST PT PATIENT 13.9 PT CONTROL 13 PT ACTIVITY 90.7 INR 1.13 PTT 26 IMMUNOLOGY H.PYLORI(IgG) <2 H.PYLORI(IgA) 2.6 MY DOCTOR PERSCRIBED FOLLOWING MED THAT I STARTED FROM 21 MARCH 2013 LAZID-LAMIVUDINE150&ZIDOVUDINE300 TABLETES(2DAILY 12HRS) BIOVIRAPINE 200-NEVIRAPINE TABLETES(2DAILY 12 HOURS) COTRIMASAZOL ADULT (2 DAILY 12HR) ALSO I USE equate 650 mg tables (4 i hv continous flu like symptoms through 24 hrs) and because to relieve my anxiety 1 colonazepam tablet tablet each night and force to use 2-3 lorazpam 2mg for sleeping it seems i dont hv any other serious infection disease excepet i got disorder in my digesttion. since now i am coherent to my treatment an med for 1 monthh and half ,in best case how much time you perdict i had in front, am i o right route your advice woule be most helpful to my doubts an unanswered qustion that since now i just recived ambigious and bi-meanining reply from related sources,many thks in advance to take time to read my post and looking forward to hear from you. REGDS.

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Your CD4 count was very low prior to starting HIV treatment. The HIV meds you are taking will result in a decrease in HIV viral load and significant improvement in your CD4 count. It is very difficult to predict how well someone will do with HIV infection and how good their HIV treatment response will be. However, much of the damage to your immune system caused by HIV can be reversed by HIV meds. The most important thing at this point is to continue to take your HIV meds as prescribed and get your viral load to undetectable levels.

Previous
Need guidance
Next
I have hiv

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.