Variabliity of Viral Load

How much variability can be expected from one VL test to another? How exact is the measurement?

Two months after starting Complera, with an initial VL of 15,000, subsequent labs were VL of 67 and 73.

Does this indicate an increase in VL? A plateau?

Is the Complera working and likely to continue toward undetectable, or should a different regimen be tried to reach undetectable?

Thanks!

Those two viral load results would be considered to be about the same and well within the margin of error, where the range is usually about 2-3 fold, or 2-3 times higher or lower than than the value. So the result is actually not that precise. I would not consider this a plateau, and I definitely think the Complera is working effectively.

Trying to understand how long I have been infected
Average CD4 rise rate