|Trying to understand how long I have been infected
Jun 16, 2013
I was tested positive on 21 may 2013. Blood tests showed cd4 of 329 and RNA of 43500. I beleive it to be a recent infection. Is there a way of knowing.?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Not precisely. If you have had previous HIV tests in the past that were negative those results can serve to put it into a time frame. Your HIV viral load and CD4 count by themselves will not help answer that question.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Condom Inside Out Worried I Have HIV
- Night Sweats After Oral Sex Hooker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Urethra After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have
- Sore On Penis After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.