hiv and neutropenia

I have been HIV positive for 17 years, have been on meds the entire time, i have not had any complications, i currently am taking Truvada and Kaletra (for many years) my cd4 is over 600 and viral load is undectable. for the past few months i have been having problems with my neurtophil count,twice now it has dropped to 0 and i end up in the hospital for a few day's. The oncologist's cannot find out why it is happeining, they keep saying it could be my HIV meds, but my doctor states that is not the case as my counts are normal. Do you think i should ask to have my meds changed? What other reasons are there for the neutrophils to drop so drasticly? they give me shots that boost the count but two weeks later they are at 0 again. they have done several tests and still no answer

I agree with your HIV doc, in that this is most likely not related to HIV or to your HIV meds. Has a bone marrow biopsy been performed? That would determine whether there is something wrong and perhaps why you are not making neutrophils effectively.

Hepatitis C Results Explained
Trying to understand how long I have been infected