|cotrimoxazole with tenolam and nevirapine
Jun 8, 2013
am 38 HIV+ 3 years on tenolam and nevirapine i recently caught the flu and this new doctor added cotrimoxazole to my normal ART is it really neccessary seeing as my CD4 864 in November 2012 i am otherwise healthy i have never taken cotrimoxazole when i started ART my CD4 352
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
Unless there was some acute infection that required cotrimoxazole there would be no need to start that antibiotic for PCP prophylaxis with your CD4 count. That is usually reserved for people with CD4 counts < 200.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Testicles After Sex With Sex Worker Sign Of HIV AIDS
- White Bumps On Penis After Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
- Does Doxycycline Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.