|High cd8 count
May 24, 2013
My cd4 count is 1116. But my CD8 is 2800. I am using the medicine zidovudine since 2008. Why do I have such a high level cd8. Does this represent any future virologic failures. Any help is greatly appreciated
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
The CD8 count increases as a natural reaction to infection. It is one of the important cells that fights HIV infection. You don't indicate what your current HIV viral load is, and whether you are on additional HIV meds besides zidovudine. In assessing the risk for virologic failure, it is important to know what your viral load history is, more so than the CD8 number.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes Could I Have Acute HIV Infection
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Bloody Pee After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Balls After Touching Anus Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Scrotum After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.