High cd8 count

My cd4 count is 1116. But my CD8 is 2800. I am using the medicine zidovudine since 2008. Why do I have such a high level cd8. Does this represent any future virologic failures. Any help is greatly appreciated

The CD8 count increases as a natural reaction to infection. It is one of the important cells that fights HIV infection. You don't indicate what your current HIV viral load is, and whether you are on additional HIV meds besides zidovudine. In assessing the risk for virologic failure, it is important to know what your viral load history is, more so than the CD8 number.

Switching Meds
High Eosinophil High Bilirunbin High WBC in Urine