Is Mararviroc safe question.

Dear Dr. Thank you for answering my question. My son's virus has not been undetectable on the complera. He's been on it for 4 months now. The vl was taken twice, and the second test showed that it went up by over 100 points. We were very disappointed to think that means it is not working. I'm mostly worried about the resistance, and my question is, will he be resistant to other families of drugs other than the drugs that are in complera? Thank you in advance. We are in a predicament here with the vl low and not able to take a resistance test. Plus, he has been on almost every regimen, and we had to change because of side effects. We know the PI's kept the virus under control for many years with truvada, but the diarrhea problems were severe. I'm at a loss as of what to do. I don't want to take him off all meds at this time. Adjusting his thorazine is a serious problem, and it's almost like he is overdosed on it when we have to change meds. This is the best regimen we have come up with. Now there is a problem with it not being undetectable. I would sincerely appreciate your opinion as what to talk to our drs. about. They are confused. Thanks!

Because the plasma viral load is likely to low, you can get a DNA Trofile test, which looks at virus in blood cells, to determine if maraviroc will work for him. Given the low, but detectable viral load, the addition of this agent to his regimen should lower the viral load to undetectable.

6 month follow up Western Blot Only
starting atripla with high viral load