May 18, 2013
Hello Dr. My question is Hep C tests were done with in a month if a persons first Hep C antibody test is positive result is reactive 11.00 and their next test RNA PCR quant result is not detected does this mean a person has or does not have hep c or was it a false positive or did they have it in the past and not detected now and if they go back again after 6 months to get retested and they are both positive does this mean it was a recent exposure thank you.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
If the antibody test is positive and the RNA PCR is negative that could mean a false positive test, or true exposure and clearance of the infection. A repeat test in 6 months would clarify the situation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Semen After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Tongue After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.