Cd4 drop

Hi everyone,

I've never used this service so please bare with me explaining my question.

I go to the MSHC in Melbourne / Australia but felt a little rushed of late to ask some question about my results for HIV and hoping this post finds its way to some to help answer my questions.

I was diagnosed back in dec 2012 not that long ago. I had seroconversion illness for little bit but through dec and jan my results didnt show positive they showed indetermidate but with a viral load.

My question is I'm a little worried today I went for my first 3 mths review and my cd4 went down and viral load went up and wondering what,why and how.

I did have minor surgery two weeks before my bloods were taken for these most recent results.

My results are as follows:

28/12- cd4 874 50% viral 3600

13/2 - cd4 793 48% viral 1800

29/4 - cd4 672 40% viral 4600 (8% decrease cd4%)

I am worried but feel I'm over worried and get flustered in my appointment at MSHC to ask the right questions.

I no anything above 500 cd4 is great and my viral load has never been in the millions either but for me it looks like a massive cd4 drop and rise in viral load.

Is this normal? 8% in cd4 seems huge in 3 mths?

Cheers

Your HIV viral load result is low and stable. I am not concerned at this point about the variability of your CD4 count and percent, which as you indicate, are both in the normal range. Although the CD4% is usually a more stable number over time compared to the CD4 count, there can be variability at these levels. Another time point or two will determine what the trend is.

i got hbsag Positive
VL / CD4?