May 11, 2013
My HCV RT-PCR Quant result is Not Detected , but ANTI HCV result is Reactive result is 16, what does it mean?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
Could represent a true positive antibody result, indicating exposure to the virus or it could represent a false positive test result. You should consult with your doctor about the results and whether additional testing is indicated.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Are Women More Likely To Catch Herpes Than Men?
- What's The Difference Between Mouth Ulcers And Herpes Simplex 1?
- What Would Cause False Positive Syphilis Blood Test?
- What Percentage Of People With Hpv Get Genital Warts?
- What Not To Eat When You Have Herpes?
- What Does The First Genital Herpes Outbreak Look Like?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.