Can Androgel make Hepatitis B worse if Infected
May 5, 2013
I am wondering if using androgel is a good idea, if infected with Hepatitis B and will the alcohol in the gel make matters worse.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is unlikely that the small amount of alcohol in the gel will have any effect. Testosterone supplements in general have been associated with a small increased risk of hepatitis. Although this is unlikely with androgel in people without viral hepatitis, having chronic HBV infection could increase the odds. You may need to have liver function tests checked periodically.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Flaky Skin An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Is Penis Discharge A Symptom Of HIV?
- Diarrhea After Swallowing Sperm Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Flu Symptoms After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- Painful Red Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sinus Infection After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.