CD-4 count

Dear Dr. Holodniy,

I was recently diagnosed positive for HIV/AIDS. I have several questions that might seem silly, but I am scared and certainly don't want to die anytime soon. My CD-4 count is very low (60) and my viral load is sky high (over a million). I know those are terrible numbers and classify me as having AIDS. However, all my organ functions are great. I am a little fatigued but feel pretty good otherwise. My doctor is suggesting I start taking Stribild. He said it could greatly reduce the viral load and increase my cd-4 count. As a precaution, he precribed Bactrim to ward off any opportunistic condition associated with HIV/AIDS. Is it possible for my viral load to drop and my CD-4 count to rise? Will I always have the same T-cell count? Should I be worried that I might not make it much longer?

Thank you, C

Your doctor has suggested and prescribed all the correct things. And yes, after a few weeks to months, your viral load will be undetectable and your CD4 count will have dramatically increased. Your prognosis is excellent if you continue your HIV meds. I would suggest getting a resistance test to make sure your virus is not resistant to any of the HIV meds you will be taking.

Hepatitis B titer
do i have hepatitis b