Elevated CPK levels and HIV

I was recently diagnosed with HIV currently on Truvada, Norvir and Prezista for the past 5 months. I have learned that my CPK level has gone from 150 to 4500 and as high as 11,000.I have been diagnosed with polymyocitis. The result was fractionated and found to be from muscle injury not cardiac involvement. Have you seen this before? What other med regime would you recommend?

Polymyositis is not related to HIV infection, and can occur in people without HIV infection. However, we have had a few people with HIV and polymyositis. Myositis, or inflammation of the muscles has also occurred in HIV patients, and is usually associated with taking HIV meds (primarily ritonavir) with statin type drugs. This would not be considered polymyositis. It is best you consult with a rheumatologist, as they are the medical specialists who are most capable of managing this disorder.

how much time to wait to see cd4 level after acute infection?
Hepatitis B titer