Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Understanding Your LabsUnderstanding Your Labs

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

am I long-term nonprogressors? (elite controllers)
Apr 27, 2013

My doctor told me that I am HiV +, and that I come to nexst control for one year, and that I live normaly. He told me that my body controles infection and there is no need for medicamentes. He sopuse that I am elite controlor.

My qestion for you is how can I know am I ellite controlor? Is there any kind of test for that? - I know that will over time it can be shown, but I want to know now.

Here is our last conversation: hiv status - natural resistence Apr 21, 2013

Hello,

01.11.2012. I guess that I was infected with HIV. (before the testing was done in February 2011, and the result was negative). Around the beginning of decenber 2012th I did the tests and Eliza was neither positive nor negative. Repeated testing with the Abbott Architect - P24 and it was positive. In late December 2012th was repeated testing, with Eliza test, and Western Blot, both positive, but the OraQuick test a new generation was negative.

Please note that in November 2012 I did a quick immunization against hepatitis B by scheme 0-7-21, then 3 doses manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline.

Subsequently, in April 2013th (5 months after the venture relationships) were performed extensive tests on all sexually transmitted diseases, negatively. CD4 count at 1,140, a VL below 70

How is this possible? Am I HIV positive? Or be naturally resistant to the virus?

Sorry for my bad english!

Regards,

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Given the information that your screening test and western blot confirmatory tests were both positive, this indicates HIV infection, regardless of whether the HIV viral load is undetectable. People can have positive HIV antibody tests, an undetectable HIV viral load and a normal CD4 count and still be HIV infected. What did your doctor conclude from these test results?

Response from Dr. Holodniy

Unfortunately, there is no specific blood test one get that indicates one is in this situation. Control of HIV is the subject of intense research right now to determine what are the common factors among people like you that allow them to control the infection.

Previous
VL decreased dramatically without meds
Next
CD4 count drop due to running nose?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.