Characteristics of AIDS and the HIV virus

I am doing research on AIDS/HIV and I wanted to ask a question but I couldnt decide the most appropriate place to ask these questions.

1. What exactly does the HIV virus do to the immune system? 2. Why is it so hard to find a cure or vaccine? 3. What are the major theories on the origin of AIDS? 4. How many different strains of HIV are there? 5. What treatments are available and what do they do? 6. What are assays?

Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated and if you could give me any links to good sources of information on these topics regarding AIDS.

These questions are beyond the scope of this forum.

Worried
antibody production