Characteristics of AIDS and the HIV virus
May 7, 2001
I am doing research on AIDS/HIV and I wanted to ask a question but I couldnt decide the most appropriate place to ask these questions.
1. What exactly does the HIV virus do to the immune system? 2. Why is it so hard to find a cure or vaccine? 3. What are the major theories on the origin of AIDS? 4. How many different strains of HIV are there? 5. What treatments are available and what do they do? 6. What are assays?
Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated and if you could give me any links to good sources of information on these topics regarding AIDS.
Response from Dr. Holodniy
These questions are beyond the scope of this forum.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Neck Lymph Node Pain With Hiv
- What Is Hiv's Affect On Cbc?
- How Long Can You Test Negative For Hiv While Actually Being Positive?
- Will Using A Condom Protect From Genital Warts?
- What Organism Causes Genital Warts?
- What Are Your Chances Of Getting Herpes If You Have Sex With Someone That Has It?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.