I didn't expect therapy after 4 months of infection?!!

Dear Mr. Mark Holodniy,

I am 30 years old male, leave in Kazakhstan, Almaty city. Ive got tested HIV positive on January 30, 2013. I suspect that Ive got the infection from my one night stand partner on December 07, 2012. On February 04, 2013, a blood test on CD4 cells showed 357 cells. On April 05, 2013 test showed 338 CD4 cells. Now I am really frustrated, as I hoped that my CD4 cell wont drop at least several years. Today my doctor said that one week later I will have my first Viral Load test and I will have one more test on CD4 cells, before we start the talks on therapy (as per local rules, the therapy is started if CD4 cells are less than 350). Below is the med-story of my HIV symptoms (or what was it?) since I was infected: On December 28 I felt myself bad dramatically; I felt an instant flue with heat of about 39C. I had some small dots all over my body (almost like the ones the kids usually have during the Chickenpox disease, but these dots were different, coz they didnt scratch). Also, I lose about 5-10% of my weigh. The flue and the heat didnt go for one week, it is gone after I was placed in a hospital and was treated with ampicillin and other drugs. Doctors in hospital though that I am having a Yersinia enterocolitica, because my G cells through ELISA showed like that and I had similar clinical symptoms. During January 2013 I had a heat of about 37C, that was the reason why I went to make an HIV test (to be sure I made ELISA test in 3 different labs and all of them were positive, including 1 test in WB). During the January, February, March and April 2013, I was getting antibiotics, almost every day, of different kinds. Taking into account my above story, is it possible that my CD4 cells show 338 (and 357 2 months earlier) because: of some other diseases I went through between December 07, 2012 and April 05, 2013? of my nerves? of antibiotics I took between these period? of the spring (we had long winter and thus vitamin less period)? of some other reasons?

Thank you so much for any professional opinion!

Yes, other ongoing infections or medical conditions could result in a decrease in CD4 count. However, you are likely at the point when HIV treatment should be started. In the U.S., HIV treatment would be started given your numbers and regardless of the HIV viral load level.

hiv status - natural resistence
Antibiotic Allergies