Need help with question
Apr 21, 2013
I recently had a test for syphilis and on the initial rest of RPR was reactive and the RPR Quant. was 1:2. Then they did a test for Treponema Antibodies was negative. Should I be worried about these results?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
You don't indicate why the test was performed and whether you have any symptoms or other ongoing medical conditions (and what your HIV status and numbers are). This situation can occur and likely requires additional testing to confirm the diagnosis.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Swallowing Cum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Vomiting After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts If You've Never Had Sex?
- Acute Infection 5 Days After Exposure
- Can You Get Hiv From Breast Milk In The Eye?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.