Atripla - sudden viral load increase

I have been HIV+ for 7 years. On medication (Atripla) since 2007. I have always maintained a good CD4 and undetectable viral load count. However, my last blood came back with a VL increase to 1100. I have good adherence and to my knowledge have not missed any doses of my medications. I've not been ill and I'm not on any other meds. My doc has had me do a repeat of my blood tests and results will be back in a week. Should I be concerned? Now, having left my clinic, I feel anxious about the results. Could it just be a blip?

That is a little higher than what we would consider a blip. Your doctor was correct in ordering another test. If the viral load is back to undetectable, than no worries. If the viral load remains elevated, then there may be some HIV med resistance that has developed. In that case, a resistance test should be performed and you may need to switch meds depending on the results of that test.

Late on MedsTwice In 1 week
RNA Amplification