Apr 14, 2013
Hi doctor, I have been on ARVs for a few years now and I thought everything was going fine, CD4 is high and all else was just as good. I got a concerning phone call from the lab saying they wanted to talk to me about my test results, the last time I heard that from a doctor I was diagnosed with HIV. So I was just wondering what it is they test for with all those blood samples and if I should be concerned.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
It is hard to know what they might be talking about. There are a variety of blood tests that are performed routinely in people with HIV infection. You should just ask them.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Hairy Tongue After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Eating Sperm Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Trouble Urinating After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can A Virgin Get Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.