|Is A PCR Necessary?
May 7, 2001
I tested negative on the ELISA 3 months and two weeks post exposure.
Should I be happy with this result? Or should I still fret over whether a PCR would come out negative or not. I had the PCR done very recently (4 months post exposure) and have not yet received the results of the PCR.
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
A PCR test does not add additional information over an antibody test after 3 months.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Muscle Ache After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Getting Fingered Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.