Just diagnosed / First CD4-VL test

Hello. Thanks in advance for the answer.

I got hiv about 6 months ago. Yesterday I got my first test. CD4: 480 and VL: 50000. Doctor said im very good.

She told me to stay healthy and do a CD4-VL test again in six months. I repeat.. I am not taking ART yet.

Is it ok to wait six months? Isnt this too much?

Thanks.

PD: In my country you need to get your CD4 lower than 350 in order to get ART free from the government.

In the U.S., HIV treatment would be recommended regardless of the CD4 count. Previous guidelines did indicate HIV treatment was indicated in those people with a CD4 count < 350. Most of the studies showing a clinical benefit of HIV treatment have been performed in people with a a CD4 count <350. The recommendation to start HIV treatment in people with higher CD4 counts is based on expert opinion and data from some clinical trials that suggests the immune system is better preserved if treatment is started earlier. Your CD4 count is just below the normal range (500-1500) and your viral load is in the moderate-high level. Although there is no urgency to start HIV treatment (and I understand the restrictions your government has placed on starting HIV treatment), you may see some decrease in your CD4 count in 6 months.

Concerned about my initial tests.
trends of numbers