question on cd4 counts
Apr 7, 2013
Is it accurate to say that with a total w b c count of 11900 17.5 percent lymphocytes and absolute lymphocytes 2.1 that cd4 would be around 1000 I derived this thru an online calculation I saw. I'm sure it's not 100 percent accurate but is it fairly close
Response from Dr. Holodniy
That would in general be close. However, total lymphocytes would be composed of b-cells, natural killer (NK) cells (each being about 5-10% of total lymphocytes), and t-lymphocytes, which in general are made up of 50% CD4+ and 50% CD8+ t-lymphocytes. So the number of CD4 cells would be < 1000.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Is The Percentage Of People Who Have Hiv Symptoms?
- Can A Hiv Positive Person Have Normal Cbc Results?
- How Soon Can U Get Tested For Hiv After Sharing A Needle?
- If You Have Hiv Will A Common Cold Make You Even More Sick?
- If Someone Touch My Anus Will I Get Hiv?
- Can U Get Hiv From Someone's Blood Getting In Your Food?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.