Recent acute seroconversion, obvious high viral load and low CD4 count

I recently had an acute seroconversion. My Viral load was just above 10 Million and my CD4 count was 229. I was put on meds immediately (Truvada and Isentress). Further blood tests were carried out two weeks after I was put on the meds. My Viral load has gone down to 13,210 and my CD4 has gone up to 931. There is so much information being given to me I am finding it hard to retain it all. I do not recall a CD4 percentage being given to me. I have now read that it is important. Should I be encouraged by my results, or should I wait until I know what the CD4 percentage is?

I think you can be encouraged by these results, as the numbers (CD4 count going up and viral load going down) are headed in the correct direction. Ultimately, you will want to have the CD4 percent to follow. Right now, things are changing dramatically because of acute infection and treatment and so the CD4 percent would be changing as well.

Thyroid
question on cd4 counts