Apr 7, 2013
Greetings! Is there a relationship between thyroid function and being HIV+? Do HIV positive women tend to have a higher or lower TSH level?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is no direct mechanistic relationship between HIV infection and thyroid function that I am aware of, although about 1-2% of HIV infected people require some sort of treatment for low or high thyroid function. In general of those with thyroid abnormalities, people tend to have more low thyroid function (with increased THS levels).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Dizziness An Acute Symptom Of AIDS?
- Blowjob From A Prostitute Risk Of Getting HIV
- Burning Urethra After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Handjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.