Apr 7, 2013
Greetings! Is there a relationship between thyroid function and being HIV+? Do HIV positive women tend to have a higher or lower TSH level?
| Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is no direct mechanistic relationship between HIV infection and thyroid function that I am aware of, although about 1-2% of HIV infected people require some sort of treatment for low or high thyroid function. In general of those with thyroid abnormalities, people tend to have more low thyroid function (with increased THS levels).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Penis Discharge After Deep Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Rubbing Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Licking Rectum Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.