Apr 7, 2013
Greetings! Is there a relationship between thyroid function and being HIV+? Do HIV positive women tend to have a higher or lower TSH level?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
There is no direct mechanistic relationship between HIV infection and thyroid function that I am aware of, although about 1-2% of HIV infected people require some sort of treatment for low or high thyroid function. In general of those with thyroid abnormalities, people tend to have more low thyroid function (with increased THS levels).
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Odds Of Contracting HIV Protected Anal Sex
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Can You Get HIV From Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Black Spots After Open Mouth Kissing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Red Spots After Touching Blood Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.