T CELL CD4

Hello Mark,

I am Tyler and I have been living with HIV since 2000. I am undetectable since day one and my VL <20 have never been on meds. My CD4 was in 700 the whole time until recently. In May, 2012, my CD4 was 600, in December 2012, it was 569. and in March, 2013 it was 530.

Is this something I should be worried about? I am still undetectable with VL <20.

I thank you for your help

Likely no. I would be curious to know what your CD4 percent has been. The CD4 count can fluctuate for a variety of reasons and the CD4 percent is a more stable number over time. I suspect your CD4 percent has not changed.

Question
Is sudden death after AIDS-related Pneumonia "recovery" normal?