Apr 7, 2013
Doc I want to approach my infectious dis. doc and convince him to let me try ivig for my igm deficiency because of a small study that was done showing its helpful with infections, whats the best way to ask him so he'll honor it?
Response from Dr. Holodniy
One small study may not be enough. In addition, payment for this treatment will be expensive. So unless you pay for this yourself, medical insurance companies may not authorize it, regardless of what the doctor says.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Herpes After Mutual Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Painful Urination After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Does Salt Cure Thrush?
- What Will Happen If You Don't Treat Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.